Friday, May 25, 2007

ramblin' man

I have no new pictures to post but I thought I would write something anyway. Hence the title of today's blog. It is the end of my workday and I'm going to go home and change to go to the gym. It is busy this weekend due to all of the people coming up for Memorial Day Weekend. It is pretty warm today - 84 degrees as I'm writing this.

Carolyn and I had 2 closings today, well, one and she is in the middle of the second. I have been busy with that and showing some customers a few homes that they're interested in. Hopefully that is a sign of a busy selling season.

Timber and Tika are doing well. Tika is still adjusting to her new environment and hasn't quite grasped the whole potty training thing yet. We went out yesterday and bought a big folding cage for her so that she'll have a 25 square foot area to learn how to potty outside without either one of us having to worry about her wandering too far away while we're waiting for her to do her business. Let's hope it works.

I've been a little frustrated lately with a couple dozen carpenter ants crawling around in my house. I called the pest company but they won't be out until Tuesday so I sprayed the outside myself with some spray. I have also been handy doing some rudimentary landscaping as well as buying and assembling a little bench for our front porch that I bought on sale at Ace Hardware.

I'm looking forward to the kitchen being finished up. Brooke and I are having a hard time selecting the granite for our countertops. She and Carolyn narrowed to down to 2 pieces but it is hard to choose one with such a small sample piece. I keep going back and forth - one day I like the lighter one and the next I like the darker one.

I'll try to remember to post pictures of everything tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about.........

No comments: