Saturday, December 30, 2006

2005 Yukon Denali







Well, I finally did it. After several weeks of thoughtful consideration, I decided to pull the trigger and buy a new car. But not just any car (or even a car for that matter). Today, I bought and drove home a 2005 GMC Yukon Denali. It has 40,000 miles, is loaded with a bose sound system, 20 inch chrome wheels, navigation system, heated leather seats, and a bunch of other features I have yet to discover.

I drove about an hour and a half to a dealership that had two SUV's that I liked. Ideally I would have bought something closer to home, but I was so specific about what I wanted that I really had to widen my search radius to find it. The salesman at the dealership that I bought the truck from was nice although I think he was a better negotiator than I was :)

I got it for $31,000 which, according to Kelley Blue Book, was a fair price. I wasn't really in a position to negotiate well since I drove so long to see it and wanted to buy it before the new year. It was originally listed for $33,990 and had been reduced to $31,990 when I looked at it. It is a GM Certified Pre-Owned vehicle so I felt comfortable buying it without a mechanic looking at it first and I purchased an extended warranty that covers me for 7 years or 100,000 miles.

I'm pretty excited and still in a bit of shock that it is sitting in my driveway right now. The pictures I posted were taken off of the dealer's website, so sorry for me not being in them yet. Anyway, I'm looking forward to driving it some more so that it starts to feel like mine and not someting that I'm borrowing. I have all of the owner's manuals to go through now so that I know how to use all of the buttons on the touch screen. VVVRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

all i can think of is the song big pimpin'...haha love ya bro

Anonymous said...

SUV must have some sort of spiritual connection attached to it and the Higgins Clan. You da man big pimpin! Happy New Years and congratulations on what looks like a finnnneeee ride. Peace out, Daddy O!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweat Pea, I have but one question... Can I borrow you car????? haha. Congratulations. We are very proud of YOU. May this New Year, Bring you all the wonderful things that you deserve.
Dad and I are going out tonight with some friend for dinner, laughter and dancing. We will talk to you next year.
I Love You, Your Momma

Anonymous said...

You? Specific? Ha ha! As long as you are happy! This should be good and comfortable for your clients to ride in as you show property! Glad you had a great New Year and Christmas!

Auntie (who taught you to like the finer things in life) Linda