Thursday, January 18, 2007

Work has been going well. I have some buyers that I've been working with, so we'll see what pans out with them. I took some real estate courses yesterday on contracts. I feel like the more I learn in this business, the more I realize I don't know or some of the things I did know were wrong. It scares me because customers, other agents, and really anybody can bring a law suit against me, report me, fine me, etc for the strangest reasons. I just learned that if I tell a prospective buyer that a home they are considering buying is near a registered sexual predator, I can be sued , reported and fined by the real estate commission. I would do it anyway, but odd laws like that make me feel like I have to walk on eggshells with my buyers yet if you walk on eggshells, you can't really do a good job because you are spending too much time covering your ass. I'd rather do what I feel is right at the expense of possibly getting disciplined by the commission than to do things by the book at the expense of my integrity. So frustrating.

Aside from that, I don't have much else to report. Brooke's computer battery is depleted and her recharger isn't working, so until it comes in, I can only post here but I have been too busy lately to post regularly. Sorry Jon. Anyway, I love you all. Talk to you soon.

No comments: